Fishing Mudeford Quay

only sea fishing related posts here please.
FAST WebCrawler [Crawler]

Fishing Mudeford Quay

Post by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

Hello, I have fished Mudeford Quay over the years and even though it can be slow at times there are some BIG Bass to be had there :wink:
Richard

Exabot [Bot]

Post by Exabot [Bot] » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Its very good for crab fishing too

Google Desktop

Post by Google Desktop » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:02 pm

When is the crab fishing season? If I take some kids there now, will they catch anything (other than a chill)?

Exabot [Bot]

Post by Exabot [Bot] » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:11 pm

I think you would catch some.
Get a Persil bag ( soap tablet thing) put some bacon bits from the butchers or fish heads in it, tie it to a piece of string and put several of them in the water you will catch some thing, in the summer I set 4 lines and catch about 60 an hour.
Take a net so when you pull the line up if the crab lets go you can catch it.Take a bucket to keep them in.
Kids will love it, but dont forget if you see any kids who dont catch one you have to give them one of yours :lol:
Let us know how you get on

Google Desktop

Post by Google Desktop » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks winch! Appreciate the tips. And the swift response.

It's a toss-up between that and making a kite to fly on HH. Depends on the weather. Doesn't it always?

Exabot [Bot]

Post by Exabot [Bot] » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:08 pm

I usually keep the crab fishing stuff in the boot and just buy the bait when we are out.
Wheres HH?
I go to West Kirby Crab fishing, its very good but bigger crabs at Mudeford.
Heres a link to where I go.
http://pic7.piczo.com/thattoheathmounta ... 04350&cr=7
Look down the page for West Kirby.
Only problem is its about 5-6 hours from you :lol:

Google Desktop

Post by Google Desktop » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 am

HH = Hengistbury Head; the headland on the opposite side of the water from Mudeford.

Francis [Bot]

Post by Francis [Bot] » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:01 am

Don't forget the parking restrictions do not come into force until April 1st on a lot of the roads near the quay. So you can get away with free parking until Sunday.

I agree about the persil bags. They are an excellent way of catching crabs - and one my children also use. It also means that you do not have any dangerous hooks which endanger the wildlife, especially our beautiful swans. You can buy bait (fish heads) from the fish stall - I believe they are now selling non-hook crab lines also. Bravo!